This policy sets out how Ecovision Systems Limited, part of Ecovision Group Limited (“we” or “the Company”) uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website and/ or services.
Like our commitment to heating your home or business with greener energy, we are committed to ensuring that your data is protected. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on the 24th May 2018.
Ecovision System Limited supplies multi-award winning, innovative eco-heating systems for residential and commercial properties. This website and its content is run by Ecovision Systems Limited. For the purposes of associated data protection laws, including the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), Ecovision Systems Limited is defined as the “controller” of personal information collected through this website and sales contracts.
What we do with the information we gather
We require certain information to understand your needs, to provide you with a better service, and for contractual record keeping. By filling in a form on our website, by starting the sales process and/or by opting-in to receive marketing communication you are consenting for us to process your data. We will only process your data for the purpose stated and we will delete your data securely once it is no longer needed. The below tables highlight how we use your information.
Your personal details
We may collect the following information from you:
• Name and contact information including email address.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
• Details about what your requirements for our products and services may be.
• Information about your use of this website.
|Where we use your information||Why?|
|A quote request form on our website||To help you get a really detailed quote, we need your basic contact information to get in touch.|
|A sales contract (install or service)||To fulfil our legal contract with you, we need to process certain information about you.|
|For legal reasons||By law we have to process certain types of personal information. This protects your legal rights as much as ours.|
|Fraud prevention and detection||To prevent and detect fraud against both you and Ecovision Systems Limited.|
Your contact history with us
This includes communication by email, online forms, telephone and on our social media channels.
|How we use your contact history||Why?|
|To provide customer service and support||Not only do we need this information to fulfil our contract with you, we also use it to help with any enquiries you have about your system.|
|Protect and defend our legal rights||Keeping records of our contact history with you is important for a number of reasons. You have the right to access this information.|
|To train our staff||To provide the best customer support and service possible.|
Your product and service history with us
This includes initial enquiries through to completed sales and services.
|How we use your product and service history||Why?|
|Provide you with customer service and support||We need to store these details to fulfil our contract with you.|
|For additional system support and sales||We need this information to provide you with a new quote or remind you that your system is due for a service.|
|Market research||We want to offer the best products and services possible. By knowing what you like, we can continue to improve and provide the best products and services in the industry.|
Your responses to promotions, competitions and surveys
How we use your responses
|To run the promotion, competition or survey||We need to contact you if you have taken part in a promotion, won the competition or you have agreed for us to contact you after the survey.|
|Market research||We use the data from the responses to improve future promotions, competitions or surveys and use the feedback to improve our service.|
If you consent to receive our marketing messages we will send you relevant emails detailing Ecovision news, service and product information and industry tips. You may unsubscribe or change your preferences at any time by clicking the link on our emails or by contacting us via phone, email or letter. You may re-subscribe at a later date.
Stopping or not signing up to marketing messages will not stop service communications necessary to fulfilling your contract (such as order updates or service reminders).
Lawful bases for processing your information
Under GDPR there are three lawful bases for which we may process your data. Each base is listed below and details where your information may fall:
Definition: An individual (you) has given clear consent for their personal data to be processed for a specific purpose.
• Where we are processing your data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data (please note that we may not be able to delete certain types of personal information if it prevents us from fulfilling our contract with you). Withdrawal of consent cannot be backdated.
Definition: Processing is necessary for a contract we (Ecovision Systems Ltd.) have with the individual (you), or because the individual (you) have asked us (Ecovision Systems Ltd.) to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
• We will process your data and contact you with relevant information regarding your contract if you have:
a) Taken out a contract with Ecovision Systems Ltd. (new installation, service, maintenance).
b) Are in the process of entering into a contact with Ecovision Systems Ltd.
c) Have enquired about a new installation, service or maintenance and are awaiting quotes or further information or if we are awaiting your confirmation regarding starting the contractual process.
3. Legitimate Interests
Definition: Processing is necessary for our (Ecovision Systems Ltd.) legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party.
• Legitimate interests will only be used as a basis for processing your data if we cannot process it by consent or contract.
• If you have received contact from Ecovision Systems Ltd. under this basis you have the right to ask us to remove your details from our contact list at any time.
What we will not do
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure under GDPR and is in accordance with UK Data Protection legislation. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to control the use of your personal information in the following ways:
• If you have opted in to receive direct marketing messages and would like to opt-out or change your details or preferences, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us, emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “update preferences” links in marketing emails.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to us at: Ecovision System Limited, Ecovision House, Kemble Airfield Enterprise Park, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 6BQ.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. A small fee may be payable if we deem the request(s) unnecessary or persistent on your part.
If you have purchased an Ecovision Systems Limited product or service, we need to store and process the personal information provided in your contract(s) to fulfil our contractual service with you. You have the right to request a copy of the contractual personal data we hold on you or amend this data at any time.
To fulfil your contract, we may need to give your name, home address and contact details (phone and/or email) to our approved subcontractors to assist in carrying out the work. Your details will only be held on their system for as long as necessary and they will not forward on your personal details to third parties without your permission.
When purchasing a product or service from us, we do not store your payment details. Card payment is processed securely by Sage Pay, whilst BACS or cheque payments are processed by Banks. We may pass your personal information to credit reference agencies which may keep a record of any search. We will not give your financial data to any other third party.
Accuracy of information on the website
We will endeavour to ensure that all information on this website is accurate and up to date. However, we cannot and do not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from any information which is not accurate. For instance, where prices and cost savings are shown on the website these are to be taken as indicative prices only.
Copyright in all the contents of this website belongs to Ecovision Systems Limited and you must not copy or reproduce it without our written consent.
Further reading on GDPR
For further guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, please visit their website.